[cups.development] Native Avahi support

Tim Waugh twaugh at redhat.com
Tue Jan 4 04:25:04 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-01-04 at 04:02 -0800, Hiroshi TAKENAKA wrote:
> Now I can build and use cups-1.4.5 and I need (wish) its avahi support.
>
> Would you please advise me about where and how I get your patches and
> give me some instructions to use them if you think I need your advice ?

Work is still in progress on this support, and I will be attempting to
get the various parts accepted upstream in the weeks to come.

In the mean time, I have built a package for Fedora Rawhide that
includes this support:

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/development/rawhide/x86_64/os/Packages/

(it's the cups packages with version 1.4.5-10.fc15)

A link to the current version of the all-in-one patch is here:
http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/gitweb/?p=cups.git;a=blob_plain;f=cups-avahi.patch;hb=HEAD

However, you may find difficulties in applying that patch as it is large
and may be slightly adapted to the Fedora package.

Please be patient and I will split out the various pieces soon.

Tim.
*/