Job print file seems to be printer specific

Robert Lev ronen.lev at silverbrookresearch.com
Sun Jan 9 16:28:53 PST 2011

Hi,

I am developing a CUPS driver for a new printer and I have some strange problem:
When I print some test document from MS. word 2008 (on Mac) to my printer, the temporary job print file (PDF) is very different from the file generated when printing the same document to a Xerox Phaser 6350DP (and others).

I tried browsing this forum to no avail. So far all the development suggestions I saw were from the job print file to the printer.

Can someone please suggest what filter I should look at to diagnose this difference?

               Thanks for your time,
                     Robert