[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3881: After restart CUPS slowly starts using more and more CPU regardless of load

Ian imcguire at thebrick.com
Thu Jul 7 11:24:58 PDT 2011

We have CUPS running on a RHEL 5 x86_64 server with about 1200 network
printers configured using the AppSocket protocol.  During the day we print
< 100 PostScript files of about 100kB per minute.  Over time we see the cpu
used by the cupsd process on the server gradually increasing and the
response time for commands like lpstat decreasing.  After several days
CUPS is very unresponsive and must be restarted.