[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #3907: Unable to compile CUPS 1.5.0 on Solaris 10.

Alvin Trinh alvin.trinh at gmail.com
Thu Jul 28 11:40:51 PDT 2011

I'm not able to compile CUPS 1.5.0 on Solaris 10.  I ran "./configure
--disable-gssapi"  and commented out the following entries in the config.h
file
#define HAVE_STATFS 1
#define HAVE_STATVFS 1

And removed the "-lnsl" in the Makedefs file then ran make.  But getting
the following errors with make.

ar: writing libcups.a
Linking libcups.so.2...
Making all in test...
Compiling ippserver.c...
Linking ippserver...
libiconv_close                      ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
gethostbyname                       ../cups/libcups.a(http-addr.o)
(symbol belongs to implicit dependency /usr/lib/libnsl.so.1)
libiconv_open                       ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
libiconv                            ../cups/libcups.a(transcode.o)
ld: fatal: Symbol referencing errors. No output written to ippserver
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [ippserver] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 1

Please advise.