can't access local printer in Cups 1.3.10/gimp 2.6.7/firefox 3.6.13

Doug Bainbridge dougrb at o2.co.uk
Wed Mar 2 08:00:29 PST 2011

When I attempt to print from my local printer Epson Stylus Photo 2100 with Firefox or Gimp, the option to print is greyed out; though I can print a test page in CUPS and print from a text editor or Open Office 3.1.1 without problems.

As a remote printer it prints Gimp and Firefox normally.

I'm running Linux Mandriva 2009 Spring 64-bit.

In 32-bit (another machine running the same OS) I don't have this problem.