[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3811: cups does no longer work with virtual guest (kvm)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 11 06:55:03 PST 2011

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Sorry, but this isn't something we a) can support or b) change without
opening up a huge security hole.

The problem is that your VM traffic appears to be coming from the loopback
interface instead of the interface associated with your KVM. I don't know
enough about KVM (I normally use other VM products) to advise you on the
proper configuration, but in essence you need to configure the networking
so that cupsd sees the request coming from the VM's IP and not the
loopback interface.

Fix Version: Will Not Fix