[cups.development] How/where can I obtain a filter for cups to produce PWG raster file?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Mar 22 09:37:46 PDT 2011

[Background for those reading along: PWG Raster is a subset of CUPS Raster that is big-endian word order]

On Mar 22, 2011, at 3:29 AM, Roy Samuel wrote:
> Hi,
> I have installed the latest stable version of cups, 1.4.6 on my Ubuntu (10.10) machine.
>
> I would like to be able to produce a PWG raster file written on to disk. Is the PWG raster a filter that cups would be using? If so, where can I get to use it?

CUPS 1.4.x does not support writing of PWG Raster data. Support was added in CUPS 1.5.x and can be chosen by using the CUPS_RASTER_WRITE_PWG value when calling cupsRasterOpen.

CUPS 1.2.x and later support reading of PWG Raster data and will automatically handle any byte swapping that is needed.

> Would you guide me in how this can be done? Also, if you can send me a sample PWG raster file (link to it), it would be of great help.
> Any help would be appreciated. Perhaps some links to relevant information?

For the current 1.5.x snapshot:

    http://www.cups.org/software.php

For the current PWG Raster specification:

    http://www.pwg.org/ipp