[cups.development] unable to compile / build latest cups version : cups-1.5svn-r9630. Help...

Roy Samuel roy.samuel at celstream.com
Wed Mar 23 00:35:35 PDT 2011

Hi,

I tried the compilation of cups version : 1.5-svn-r9630 from
http://www.cups.org/software.php <http://www.cups.org/software.php>

My development environment is Ubuntu 10.10 with gcc version: gcc
(Ubuntu/Linaro 4.4.4-14ubuntu5) 4.4.5

(I have installed the build-essential package.)

On running make at the shell prompt, after a successful ./configure

I get the following error:

Using LIBS=-lcups     -lpthread -lm -lcrypt

Making all in cups...

Compiling adminutil.c...

In file included from cups-private.h:29,

                 from adminutil.c:33:

http-private.h:234: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
'http_tls_credentials_t'

In file included from cups-private.h:29,

                 from adminutil.c:33:

http-private.h:314: error: expected '=', ',', ';', 'asm' or
'__attribute__' before '_httpConvertCredentials'

http-private.h:324: error: expected ')' before 'credentials'

In file included from adminutil.c:33:

cups-private.h:138: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before
'http_tls_credentials_t'

make[1]: *** [adminutil.o] Error 1

make: *** [all] Error 1

Am I missing some setting / option? The 1.4.6 version compiles and
installs fine.

I know this must be quite a trivial question, but I am unable to build
even after snooping around in the code, as these variables have to do
with the new declarations with the 1.5 source code.

Regards.

-Roy.

 DISCLAIMER: This electronic message and any attachments to this electronic
 message is intended for the exclusive use of the addressee(s) named herein
 and may contain legally privileged and confidential information. It is the
 property of Celstream Technologies Pvt Limited. If you are not the intended
 recipient, you are hereby strictly notified not to copy, forward, distribute
 or use this message or any attachments thereto. If you have received this
 message in error, please delete it and all copies thereof, from your system
 and notify the sender at Celstream Technologies or
 administrator at celstream.com immediately.