[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #3843: Printing from Windows to Samsung ML 3050 - Paused - "/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp failed"

Daniel Scott danieljamesscott at gmail.com
Wed May 18 14:51:23 PDT 2011

I'm running a Fedora 13 print server, with CUPS package:
cups-1.4.6-1.fc13.i686

Whenever I try to print from a Windows (XP or 7) client to a Samsung ML
3050 printer, the printer pauses itself with the error:

/usr/lib/cups/backend/ipp failed

I setup Windows clients with the following URL:
http://192.168.1.202:631/printers/name_of_printer

Output from log file attached. This used to work fine previously from
Windows, and I can still print from Linux clients.