Cups not asking for login/password on network printer

benoit delahaye b.delahaye at gmail.com
Tue Oct 18 01:13:54 PDT 2011

Hi,

I am running cups 1.5 on Ubuntu 11.10 (the last stable version I think).

I want to use a network printer with authentication using samba, and everything worked fine before I did the update to Fedora 11.10 (it asked once for the login/password, I said remember the password and then it worked without asking.

I did the update yesterday, and the printer still worked (however asking for login/password every time I used it).

Today I cannot use it anymore, whenever trying to print I get the error "Session setup failed: NT_STATUS_LOGON_FAILURE", but it never asks for login/password.

Is there a solution to this problem?

Thanks,

Benoit