[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #3962: Web UI doesn't work for remote printers

russell-cups.stuart.id russell-cups at stuart.id.au
Tue Oct 18 09:53:04 PDT 2011

The printer setup is a described in STR #3961.  The machine yyy.vpn has a
printer called xxx-printer, its DeviceURI is
ipp://xxx.vpn/printers/xxx-printer.

At the end of STR #3961, I had a number of jobs queued on locally on
yyy.vpn for printer xxx-printer.  So I went to
http://yyy.vpn:631/printers/xxx-printer to clean up the mess.

I tried clicking on "Release Job" and when that didn't work "Cancel Job".
In both cases all that happened was the page was refreshed, but nothing
changed, and there was no error message.

Not a huge issue as you can use the command line tools to the job, but it
would be nice if it either worked or an error message was displayed.