Get an absolute path to the printing document

Andrew andrew.kanner at gmail.com
Wed Oct 19 23:38:22 PDT 2011

> I think there is no such method.
>
> Think about this example:
>
> cat /path/to/document | lp -d queue_name -t some_title
>
> The "lp" client does not "see" any file name.

I think I could make some "default mandatory label" for this kind of print jobs - the same thing with .html-pages printing from a browser (for example). But I still want to know if there is any posibility to get absolute path of the printing file from GUI apps such as text editors, browsers (local files), etc..