[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4053: command line tools like lpq and lpstat have no output

Ger Bra gb+ML-2011 at derbrauer.homelinux.net
Thu Apr 5 07:10:29 PDT 2012

I use up-to-date Archlinux x86_64 system. Since the upgrade to cups 1.5.2 i
could not use most command line tools which seems to get informationen from
the running cupsd on localhost:631 or via socket.
I only got empty lines according to the line cout the output normally
should have.
Example:
root at ws01 ~ # lpq
<empty line>
<empty line>
root at ws01 ~ #

Same with lpstat -p or lpstat -s
Printing itself via lp works...

if i downgrade the 1.5.2 package to previous 1.5.0 it works again as
expected. I don't have to restart cupsd, only having the old Binaries
seems to solve it:
root at ws01 ~ # lpq
Samsung_ML-2010 is ready
no entries

I have already opened a bugreport on Archlinux side:
https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/29173
This error could reproduced by several other users too.

I could offer a strace output if needed. Some maybe releated software
versions:
glibc 2.15-10
poppler 0.18.4-1

TIA