CUPS 1.4.6 didn't detect tray 5 on Xerox Phaser 5500

Albert Tingson albert at ugoods.com
Fri Apr 13 11:59:24 PDT 2012

Guys,

Really need your help on this problem. We have Suse Linux box with CUPS 1.4.6 installed and Xerox Phaser 5500 printer. The problem is when I'm trying to print in tray 5 its always printing in tray 4 as if it didn't detect tray 5. But when I use CUPS 1.5 or 1.1.23 it works and able to print in tray 5. The reason I'm using CUPS 1.4.6 because the printing order or sequence are in right order based on how I send the print jobs in our Java Web Based application. When we used CUPS 1.5 or 1.1.23, the sequence of printing is messed up. Printing order is important in our application and we print using multiple trays.

Please help me, I'm really frustrated. I have been trying to debug this for almost 1 week and can't find any solution.

Albert