[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4171: cups connection stops working after suspend/resume

Daniel Nicoletti dantti12 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 25 11:01:21 PDT 2012

I have done several tests to fix my issue but I ran out of options.
There is a working thread in my application that keeps renewing a DBus
subscription if the user is not interacting with it. So when IDLE only
this renew request is sent, all requests comes from the same thread which
has it's own even loop for processing different requests.
The problem that I'm facing is that when I suspend my laptop for X time (1
hour I think is enough), and then resume it that connection doesn't work
anymore, it gets 1280 (IPP_INTERNAL_ERROR).
* I tried clearing the cookies since this worked when I restarted CUPS
* I tried closing the connection
* and I tried httpReconnect()
None of them made the connection work again, looking at CUPS logs the
requests aren't logged, so it seems that the FD holding the connection
might got closed.

What is even more weird is that I had two applications doing the same
thing and only one stopped working.

This is with CUPS 1.5, I haven't test this with 1.6 but I believe I'd had
the same issue, is there another method that really kills the connection
so a new one can be setup?

I'm not sure the scope is right I'm running kubuntu 12.04 to develop
print-manager a new interface for cups on KDE.

Thanks