Using ddk options in general setup to be overridden duringprint job

Johan Henselmans johan at netsense.nl
Wed Feb 1 01:56:41 PST 2012

Op 1/31/12 7:07 PM, Michael Sweet schreef:
> Johan,
>
> You don't want to use installable options for things like this.  Regular options with a choice marked as default ("*Choice Foo ...") is the way to go.

But then I can not save these options as defaults. For a person setting
print options via lpoptions is fine, but that does not get translated
into the print options that an end user sees in the print panel, at
least, that is the situation in OS X as far as I know.

Or is there another way to save default options for a printer?