How to show printer resident fonts in write?

Gurmeet Singh gurmeet.janjua at yahoo.in
Wed Jan 4 04:52:51 PST 2012

> That's a bit strange. You are saying it is a postscript dot-matrix printer? >That combination is somewhat rare, but never say never.=0A=0AYou might be able >to do what you want with pycups, or one of the ipp tools to query the ppd. But >the thing is, you still need the fonts on the client side to do WYSIWYG  on the >writer, which means you might as well embed the fonts from the client for >fidelity of WYSIWYG.=0A=0AOne alternative, is to strip selected fonts with a >cups filter . I think the critical question is: what exactly are you trying to >achieve? Printing on a typical printer is still on the whole slower than >network transport of any reasonably size print job, so even if you have small >print jobs by removing the fonts, you still have to wait.

Hi experts,

Can i use .afm font files to solve my purpose?

if Yes then i have .afm files and i have mentioned these font file names in ppd files as in below format for example *font Draft 5 cpi:  Standard "(0001.006S)" Standard ROM
but these fonts are not shown in office writer. Where i have to copy .afm files so that these fonts are available in writer?
Sorry if i am asking foolish question. I am new to linux and CUPS so confused.

Thanks in advance.