[cups.development] [RFE] STR #2566: Windows Driver for CUPS/64bit

Michael R Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Jan 13 07:56:19 PST 2012

Franz,

Changes to the MS DDK license put hard requirements on updating or pulling DDK-based drivers at Microsoft's whim. That prevents us from releasing any new binaries.

Also, it looks like Windows 8 will no longer support unsigned drivers (perhaps not even the old-style drivers at all) which makes it impossible to provide a generic driver at all (MS only signs WCL-certified printer drivers...)

If the situation changes, we will reopen these bugs and release new versions of the Windows driver, but right now I am not hopeful...

Sent from my iPhone