[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4073: jobs printing multiple times

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue Jul 17 09:03:44 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/Resolution]

This bug is closed because you said the following about a month ago:

    mike, good call. I've changed my cron times and will see what happens.

and then never followed up.

Use "socket" for HP printers without "ePrint", which seems to be the
easiest way to know they have a good IPP/2.0 implementation and not the
original, non-compliant IPP/1.0 experimental implementation.  LPD isn't a
reliable print protocol, particularly for long print jobs, since there is
no way to differentiate between a printer crashing and one that simply
hasn't finished printing.

The waitjob=false option can be added to the end of an IPP device URI
(e.g. "ipp://address/path?waitjob=false") to eliminate the check for job
completion. For LPD you can use "lpd://address/queue?timeout=86400" to
wait up to a day for the job to complete without reprinting...

Fix Version: None