[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4152: 1.6.1 unable to print on RHEL6.3 system.

Alan Brown ajb2 at mssl.ucl.ac.uk
Tue Jul 31 07:11:06 PDT 2012

After compiling and installing 1.6.1 rpms on RHEL6, I get this error for
every printer when attempting to print a test page.

Unable to print test page:

    Unsupported format "application/vnd.cups-banner".

Attempting to print enything else results in no output and the logs
showing "cancelled"

/etc/cups/mime.* is missing, but I don't know if this is intentional.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4152
Version: 1.6rc1