[cups.development] Custom Driver Development

Hin-Tak Leung htl10 at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Jun 15 11:12:50 PDT 2012

Well, I am probably one of those peole who could/would develop a CUPS driver on a contractual basis, but I think there are three issues which can be discussed more widely:

- do you have any special arrangement with Toshiba for them to supply some detailed technical information/documentation, even if they will not devote any engineering resources? (i.e. is reverse-engineering of the windows driver required).

- what is your intended licensing term of the result? open, exclusive to your company, etc?

- why do you need CUPS, and/or unix spooling? In what way is windows network print-sharing not working for you?