[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4113: Setup for printers via USB to parallel converter (with fix)

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Jun 20 08:21:59 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

This isn't a viable fix for a number of reasons. More than likely the
usb-to-parallel converter you have doesn't implement the USB print class
properly, and we don't have all of the "quirk" behavior that the usblp
kernel module does.

At this point since you have a workaround (file:/dev/usb/lp0 will also
work) I am going to close this bug out; there isn't much we can do here to
debug that specific combination... :(

Fix Version: Will Not Fix