CUPS 1.5.1

Karl Bellve Karl.Bellve at gmail.com
Wed Jun 20 13:31:30 PDT 2012

CUPS 1.5.2-9 (Fedora 16) and 1.5.2-12 (Fedora 17) crashes our Xerox Phaser 8560 printer when using the IPP protocol.

The last version that worked was CUPS 1.4.4-10 with Fedora 15. We still have systems with Fedora 13 that work fine printing as well.

What happens is our Xerox Phaser 8560 reboots and reinitializes anytime I print to it using IPP protocol (LPR is fine).

CUPS does say that the printer doesn't understand IPP V2 and it attempts to downgrade to an earlier IPP. I also tried to force IPP V1.1 and that didn't appear to help.

I also updated the firmware for the Phaser 8560 but that didn't help.

Any ideas?