[cups.development] Printer with front and back heads

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Fri Mar 2 10:06:38 PST 2012

Yuri,

For a printer like this you'll need to do a custom printer driver that buffers whole pages, sending front and back images in parallel.  A simple implementation could have an in-memory buffer for the front side image and then stream front and back as you read the back side image.

You'll find information about writing CUPS raster drivers here:

	http://www.cups.org/documentation.php/raster-driver.html