[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4036: Version 1.6 will not compile on Solaris 10 8/11 (update 10)

Robert Davis rtdavis at gmail.com
Tue Mar 6 06:06:09 PST 2012

I am compiling 1.6svn-r10310 on a Solaris 10u10 box that uses OpenSSL 9.7d
with the most recent patch and Java updates released by Oracle in January
and February.  I successfully execute 'configure --enable-ssl
--disable-gssapi --disable-ldap'.  I then execute gmake and make and
receive the following errors:

Executing gmake I get:

http.c: In function `http_setup_ssl':
http.c:3971: warning: implicit declaration of function
`SSL_set_tlsext_host_name'

followed by:

Linking libcups.so.2...
Making all in test...
Compiling ippserver.c...
Linking ippserver...
SSL_set_tlsext_host_name            ../cups/libcups.a(http.o)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to ippserver
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake[1]: *** [ippserver] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 1

Executing make I get:

http.c: In function `http_setup_ssl':
http.c:3971: warning: implicit declaration of function
`SSL_set_tlsext_host_name'

followed by:

Linking ippserver...
SSL_set_tlsext_host_name            ../cups/libcups.a(http.o)
ld: fatal: symbol referencing errors. No output written to ippserver
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
gcc -L../cgi-bin -L../cups -L../filter -L../ppdc  -L../scheduler   -fPIE
-pie -Wall -Wno-format-y2k -Wunused -fPIC -Os -g -o ippserver ippserver.o
.../cups/libcups.a \
         -lssl -lcrypto  -lpthread -lresolv -lnsl -lsocket -lm   -lz -lz
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `ippserver'
Current working directory /h/dev/GCUPS/source/cups-1.6svn-r10310/test
*** Error code 1
The following command caused the error:
for dir in cups test filter backend berkeley cgi-bin monitor notifier ppdc
scheduler systemv conf data desktop locale man doc examples templates; do\
        echo Making all in $dir... ;\
        (cd $dir ; make  all ) || exit 1;\
done
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4036
Version: 1.6-current