[cups.development] [RFE] STR #4046: Add 8 to number-up options supported

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Wed Mar 14 09:20:35 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

Apple hasn't supported 8-up output (nor can I find a request for it) in its
36 years of existence.  As far as I can see, Windows also does not support
8-up output.  And in 13 years of CUPS' existence we have had exactly *2*
requests for support of 8-up.

Given the amount of work needed to add and test 8-up support, the lack of
support for 8-up in popular operating systems and software, and the
general lack of use of N-up (the option is always buried) we decided not
to pursue adding 8-up support.  At this point I see no reason to change
that decision.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4046
Version:  -feature
Fix Version: None