[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4050: brother hl-2030 not recognized

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Mon Mar 26 08:05:22 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

It isn't clear whether the issue is one of USB conformance (i.e. does this
printer implement the standard USB print class, which we support) or just
the lack of a suitable driver.

In any case, we don't provide printer-specific drivers or USB support in
CUPS.  Instead we rely on other projects or the vendors themselves to
support their products or develop them using the corresponding standards
that allow for generic drivers to be used...

Fix Version: Third-party