Konica-Minolta 4750en crashed using CUPS 1.52 but not 1.50

Mark Blades m.c.blades at btinternet.com
Wed May 2 15:53:37 PDT 2012

> >> And what about the nest test:
> >>
> >> http://www.file-upload.net/download-4322677/cups1-52_t2.ps.html
> >>
> >> Helge
> >>

> > This also hangs the printer :(
>
> Well, then I guess your printer has a bogus PS interpreter.
> You could try the following:
> (1) on the new (cups 1.5.2) system, save the file
>     /usr/lib/cups/filter/pdftops
>     to a safe place.
> (2) from the "old" system, copy over this file to the new
>     system.
> (3) restart cups on the new system
> (4) try printing.
> (Steps 1 and 2 must be done as root).
>
> If the test print aborts in cups, post the portion ov the
> /var/log/cups/error_log
> which contains the messages referring to the test job.
>
> Helge

OK, moving pdftops from the old cips to the new still hangs the printer.  Nothing relevant is reported in error.log until I power cycle the printer (after cancelling the unresponsive job from the cups web interface.

This is the most recent output of error.log

[02/May/2012:23:49:22 +0100] [Job 22] Unable to cancel print job.
W [02/May/2012:23:49:26 +0100] failed to CreateProfile: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:profile id 'KONICA-MINOLTA-magicolor-4750-Gray..' already exists
W [02/May/2012:23:49:26 +0100] failed to CreateProfile: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:profile id 'KONICA-MINOLTA-magicolor-4750-CMYK..' already exists
W [02/May/2012:23:49:26 +0100] failed to CreateDevice: org.freedesktop.ColorManager.AlreadyExists:device id 'cups-KONICA-MINOLTA-magicolor-4750' already exists