[cups.development] [RFE] STR #4070: ostNameLookups Double giving IP lookup failed - connection from localhost closed

Nuzhna Pomoshch nuzhna_pomoshch at yahoo.com
Sat May 5 08:48:05 PDT 2012

I have tried using this option (with a cupsd.conf that lists servers by
name), but it it seems to break things (using the web interface).

First /var/log/cups/error.log fills up with:

W [30/Apr/2012:00:00:00 +0000] IP lookup failed - connection from
localhost closed!

Even worse, some of the functions don't work. "Manage Jobs" just pulls up
a blank page. "Manage Printers" says it is unable to get a list of
printers. "Add Printer" says it is unable to add a printer.

I have tried various combinations of "localhost" and
"localhost.example.com" with no difference in the outcome.

I believe I have the hosts file configured correctly.

Michael Sweet suggested "Feel free to file a bug requesting that we log
the values we got to help with debugging these kinds of issues" so I am
doing that.

Link: http://www.cups.org/str.php?L4070
Version:  -feature