[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4072: Sanitising job name and title

Edgar Fuß ef at math.uni-bonn.de
Wed May 9 09:11:06 PDT 2012

Some of our printer's network interfaces (SEH for Kyocera) seem to lock up
if the job name contains a Ctrl-S character (I assume some left-over from
X-ON/X-OFF communication with an LCD board or such). Unfortunately, this
is not a purely academic issue since Browser printouts of Wikipedia pages
regularly contain that character.

As SEH seems not fix that, I'm running with something like the attached
patch (which simply replaces control characters with periods) for some
years now. I'm not sure whether this patch is of value to someone else or
worth being included.