[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4078: PDF document cannot be printed in landscape mode

Sonam Gupta sonam.gupta.007 at gmail.com
Wed May 16 01:17:38 PDT 2012

[STR Closed w/o Resolution]

> The filters we run will either auto rotate the content or produce ps
output with a landscape page size which tells the ps interpreter to do it.

How will the filters know that they have to auto rotate the content or
produce ps output with a 'landscape' page size ?

> Passing the landscape option to pstops will just cause problems.
>
> Postscript and CUPS raster drivers handle this properly. If you are
using a foomatic driver it is entirely possible the Ghostscript driver it
is using is broken and does not support landscape printing.

In Solaris 11, the process that gets forked is "/usr/bin/pdftops -level3
<file> -".
How will "/usr/bin/pdftops" know that it should produce ps output with
landscape page size ?

Fix Version: Third-party