[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4109: snmp backend binary dies if no IPv6 support in kernel

Kate M kmckea01 at baker.edu
Mon May 28 07:11:41 PDT 2012

My system is Gentoo, 32-bit, on 3.3.0 kernel, compiled without support for
ipv6. The binary for snmp dies with no error message, and running "strace
/usr/libexec/cups/backend/snmp" shows that it dies on the call to
socket(AF_INET6...), which failed because my system lacks support for the
protocol. The socket call directly preceding that one successfully creates
an IPv4 socket, so there's no reason the code should die here.

Steps to reproduce:
1. Remove IPv6 support from kernel
2. Re-compile.
3. Run snmp binary.