[cups.development] 1.6b1: what's happened to localization ?

Michael Sweet msweet at apple.com
Tue May 29 06:32:48 PDT 2012

Once we hit beta it is unusual for strings to change. The translation process is documented here:

    http:// www.cups.org/documentation.pho/translation.html

As for schedule, the earliest we will release 1.6.0 is in about 4 weeks (minimum time from beta to final allowed by our development process), but we can continue adding new localizations in 1.6.x releases as needed.

Translators do not need to sign the contributors agreement but the translations do need to reference the standard CUPS license (part of the template file). Apple doesn't actually ship the translations in OS X...

I'll be posting an announcement to this effect on the cups.org home page sometime soon.,,

Sent from my iPad