[cups.development] cupsPrintFile2 API returns -1 (v1.6.1)

Charles Woloszynski cwoloszynski at gmail.com
Thu Nov 8 04:04:23 PST 2012

I am new to using the CUPS API and I hope someone can help me.

I have a program that is submitting a PDF to CUPS for printing. Since the printer may be remote, I am using cupsPrintFile2 with the http parameter.

When I do this, I *always* get back a -1.  The job prints (yeah!) but I think I have something wrong since I don't think that I should always get back a -1 as the jobID.

My call is really simple:

jobId = cupsPrintFile2(http, destination, jobName, "title", 0, NULL);

Any thoughts?  Did I need to include some job option to get back the jobID?

The remote CUPS server is running on OSX, if that matters.

Thanks in advance,

Charlie