[cups.development] [RFE] STR #4235: Share the printers for iPad AirPrint.

kenji uno ku at digitaldolphins.jp
Thu Nov 29 07:22:14 PST 2012

I want to share the printers for iPad AirPrint.

I have done it anyway...

Here is my patch to do same thing. The target repository is
http://svn.cups.org/public/cups/trunk/scheduler

It uses Apple's Bonjour instead of Avahi, because I build and run cups on
cygwin.

Plz use it, if it is useful...

My memo for build:
# "Bonjour Service" and "Bonjour SDK" is required. Get them from Apple.
# Copy SDK's dns_sd.h to `pwd`/bonjoursdk/include
# Make dnssd.lib at `pwd`/bonjoursdk/lib. dnssd.dll is found at
Windows/System32
dlltool.exe --def dnssd.def --kill-at --dllname dnssd.dll --output-lib
dns_sd.lib
# configure:
../configure --prefix=/usr/airprint1 \
--enable-ssl \
--enable-gnutls \
--disable-pam \
--disable-openssl \
--with-dnssd-includes=`pwd`/bonjoursdk/include \
--with-dnssd-libs=`pwd`/bonjoursdk/lib \

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4235
Version:  -feature