[cups.bugs] [HIGH] STR #4211: ippFindAttribute cannot retrieve the attribute added using ippAddInteger on client-server setup

Sonam Gupta sonam.gupta.007 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 23:20:52 PDT 2012

Hi,
I am using CUPS-1.4.5 on Solaris 11. I have a client server setup.

I wanted to added an integer attribute at the client end and retrieve the
same info at the server end.

I added the integer using ippAddInteger() in function cupsCreateJob() in
'cups/util.c'. To retrieve the same attribute at the server end I called
ippFindAttribute() from function add_job() in 'scheduler/ipp.c'. But when
the code is executed the attribute added using ippAddInteger at the client
end cannot be retrieved by the scheduler at the server end.
But if ippAddString() is used instead of ippAddInteger(), then
ippFindAttribute() retrieves the attribute correctly.

Thanks,
Sonam