Duplex normal

Eric Broadbent ebroadbent at mac.com
Wed Sep 19 14:40:56 PDT 2012

Here's the section from the PPD below - similar to what I've seen elsewhere.
I set the default to something other than the "None/Simplex" option to try to see if that made a difference.
What is interesting to me is that the text that I have for the options (e.g. "Long-Edge (standard)") is not what shows up in the menu, so it's being overridden.  If I remove the Duplex section, then there is no menu at all, so something detects that there's a Duplex option but then overrides it (or so it seems).
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
*%
*% Duplex attributes
*%
*OpenUI *Duplex: PickOne
*OrderDependency: 10 AnySetup *Duplex
*DefaultDuplex: DuplexNoTumble
*Duplex None/Simplex:  "<</Duplex false /Tumble false>> setpagedevice"
*Duplex DuplexNoTumble/Long-Edge (standard): "<</Duplex true /Tumble false>> setpagedevice"
*Duplex DuplexTumble/Short-Edge (flipped):   "<</Duplex true /Tumble true>> setpagedevice"
*CloseUI: *Duplex
I'm happy to include the entire PPD if that would help.
Thanks,
-Eric B.