PPD API/Compilation/Job Ticket confusion asto what is deprecated

n3on 0xn3on at gmail.com
Thu Sep 20 10:57:07 PDT 2012

Michael,

Thanks for your informative reply. I'm curious however, if there is a way to determine PPD options without requiring a CUPS server to be installed? The UI will not be building options for itself locally but for remote machines. And it would not make sense for my UI to add a fictitious printer with the desired PPD to a local cups server just to determine its available options. Is there any alternative?

Thanks again.