Detect Printer Capabilities

Peter M. Groen pgroen at osdev.nl
Tue Apr 16 06:04:57 PDT 2013

Hi,

In this project I'm doing, we've decided to do our own processing instead
of letting the printer take care of it. ( Reasons why aren't relevant for
this question )...

Now I'm facing the problem to determine what the capabilities of the
printer are. (Does it support PDF? PCL? HP/GL? Color? B&W?)

I've found an enum (cups_ptype_e and its typedef cups_ptype_t) with these
kind of fields, but no way to use it with the given interface.

Also a grep in the cups source code shows no usage of these types...

I'm stuck at the moment. Someone solved this one?

--
Peter M. Groen
Open Systems Development