[cups.bugs] [MOD] STR #4283: As root, lpadmin prompts for password on Mac OS X 10.8

Ryan Lovett ryan at spacecoaster.org
Fri Feb 22 18:06:59 PST 2013

On Mac OS X 10.7:
We are able to add printers as root via lpadmin on localhost without
entering a password.

On Mac OS X 10.8:
We are able to add printers as a non-root administrative user via lpadmin
on localhost without entering a password.
We are prompted for a password as root via lpadmin on localhost.

root is a member of _lpadmin and admin groups, the latter being the
SystemGroup defined in cupsd.conf.

CUPS-Add-Modify-Printer policies are not modified from the defaults.

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4283
Version: 1.6-current