[cups.bugs] [LOW] STR #4259: Typo in cups-files.conf manpage: cups-file.conf instead of cups-files.conf

Didier Raboud odyx at debian.org
Sun Jan 13 01:24:46 PST 2013

Hi Mike,

On 1.6.1:

$ grep -C3 -h cups-file.conf man/cups-files.conf.man.in
..SH NAME
cups-files.conf \- file and directory configuration file for cups
..SH DESCRIPTION
The \fIcups-file.conf\fR file configures the files and directories used by
the
CUPS scheduler, \fIcupsd(8)\fR.  It is normally located in the
\fI at CUPS_SERVERROOT@\fR directory.
..LP

It's written "cups-file.conf" there, which is wrong. Also the header
comment is wrong as it says to cupsd.conf:

$ grep -C3 -h 'man page for' man/cups-files.conf.man.in
..\"
..\" "$Id$"
..\"
..\"   cupsd.conf man page for CUPS.
..\"
..\"   Copyright 2007-2013 by Apple Inc.
..\"   Copyright 1997-2006 by Easy Software Products.

That said, do you plan to release a 1.6.2 release soon ? We
(Debian+Ubuntu) have been appending lots of patches to have 1.6.1
functional and it'd be great if we could reduce our patches list on top of
a great 1.6.2 release!

Cheers,

OdyX

Link: https://www.cups.org/str.php?L4259