[cups-devel] how to get job titile with its full name

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Thu Aug 14 21:15:26 PDT 2014

Hi,
>              In the last post,  you wrote "You can't. The original file name is never
> passed, and generally speaking you don't have access to that file anyways."
> Actually, I am working on a printing audit project, we must audit the file name
> with its full name, and my system is using cups 1.4.2, could you give me some
> more advice?

The job name the client computers send to the CUPS server varies and isn't always a filename. For auditing, to get the full pathname of the file that is getting printed would need to be done on the client computer when the job is submitted and it may be difficult if not impossible to do. I'm not aware of any auditing software that does what you are trying to do.

Cheers,
Doug