[cups-devel] question about the CUPS Apple Operating System Development License Exception

Jason Boehle jboehle at couponsinc.com
Mon Feb 10 10:36:55 PST 2014

Helge,

Thanks for your response!  Yes, I believe that’s what the exception means.  However, the license says this about the exception:

  1.  All CUPS software that falls under this license exception have the following text at the top of each source file:
This file is subject to the Apple OS-Developed Software exception.

Several of the source files in the “cups” subdirectory do not have that text, so I am wondering if that omission is intentional, or just an oversight on Apple’s part?  These are the files that don’t have the text:

file-private.h
file.c
file.h
http-addr.c