[cups-devel] USB auto configuration issue

Siva K sivakumarn at calsoftlabs.com
Mon Feb 17 02:02:25 PST 2014

Hi,

I am developing a Postscript printer driver.I created a PPD and i put in to /u sr/share/cups/model/.While pluging the USB printer i am getting following message in the log file viewer.

udev-add-printer: D-Bus method call failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.ServiceUnknown: The name com.redhat.NewPrinterNotification was not provided by any .service files
udev-add-printer: PPD: lsb/usr/cupsfilters/textonly.ppd; Status: 3

I want to configure the USB printer automatically only with my ppd

--

Thanks & Regards,
SivaKumar.N.