[cups-devel] how to release job

liu3 liugongquan123 at 163.com
Sun Jul 13 07:53:15 PDT 2014

Dear Helge Blischke:
    You wrote in the last message:
 "  From CUPS 1.5.x on, you may remove a default option with the -R switch:
lpadmin -p printer -R job-hold-until-default
But I do not know if the jobs in hold are automatically released or if  you need to do it for each job in hold "by hand" using the lp command."

     So far, I use lpadmin -p printer -o job-hold-until-default=indefinite to hold all the jobs,and use lp -i jobid -H resume  to release
every job one by one. I think there should be a way to release all the jobs, or  its wrong to state that  lpadmin(cups 1.4) supports release jobs.

      Thank you for your help!