[cups-devel] "CUPS JobCopy" replacement?

Kennedy, Smith (Wireless Architect) smith.kennedy at hp.com
Wed Jul 23 10:22:26 PDT 2014

Greetings,

Back in the day we had acquired (I guess from Easy SW or perhaps Apple) a set of shell scripts that were collectively called “JobCopy”, which included 4 scripts:
buffercups
jobcopyon
jobcopyoff
jobcopystatus

The purpose of this was to shim out the backends with a copy of the “buffercups” script, which would basically act as a wrapper for the “tee” command, to allow a copy of the print-ready bits to be saved in /tmp.

I was wondering if there was a more savvy way of doing this?  Like is there a configuration directive or something that would get cupsd to insert a tee into the filter pipeline in between the last filter (“CUPS print driver”) and the port monitor and/or backend.  I could dig myself but if anybody had some pointers I’d really appreciate it!

Thanks for any help,

Smith