[cups-devel] how to get the page info of a canceled job?

Douglas Kosovic doug at uq.edu.au
Wed Jun 25 05:37:11 PDT 2014

Hi 闫崇军,

>         For a  cancled job, there will not be any information logged  in the  page_log file, i.e, I can not get the page range, copies ...etc for a
> canceled job. Is there any way to know these information? Anyone can help me?

You could get the page count directly from the job itself which would be cached under /var/spool/cups/ for example Job# 12345 it would be:
    /var/spool/cups/d12345-001

The "d" files are the "data" files, i.e.print job files and are typically gzipped Postscript file or  gzipped PDF files.

The "c" files (e.g. /var/spool/cups/c12345) are the "control" files and provide job history data such as the page range, copies, etc.

It also depends on how you configured CUPS as to how long the "c" and "d" files are kept.

Cheers,
Doug