[cups-devel] Duplex booklet printing outputs back pages upside-down

Perazim perazim at portugalmail.pt
Mon Jun 30 02:21:06 PDT 2014

This has been an ongoing problem for me since
2009. Not being able to solve this in the past, I
resorted to printing the documents from windows.
Now I need to get this resolved so that it works
in Linux too.

When I print a document formatted in duplex
booklet, the rear sides of the pages print
upside-down.

I have tried on Xerox N2820, Canon iP4200, Canon
iP4300 and recently Canon LBP6310dn printers, each
with their manufacturers supplied drivers
installed, all yield the same problems.

I have tried printing from Adobe Acrobat,
Openoffice, Libreoffice, all yield the same
problems. I tried all variations of the booklet
print setup options, no solution.

I have, where supported, connected the printer via
USB, Network, and also printed via a file. All
yield the same problem.

I am currently using Centos 6.5 but have used
Fedora 12, 14, Debian 7.5.0 in the past with the
same results.

Seems like the only remaining possibility here is
a Cups issue. Searching the forums showed me that
this has been an ongoing issue and seems to have
never been completely solved.

I still have most of the above printers and a
variety of systems to test them on so I can help
out to find this bug if a developer can look into
this.

Thanks,

Peraziim