[cups-devel] Unable to create temporary folder or socket bind in CUPS(v2.0) backend

Ajaydharan Mohandoss MAjaydharan at novell.com
Thu Sep 18 07:31:29 PDT 2014

Hi,

I am trying to create a folder using mkdir in my backend program. When the backend is executed, it returns an errno EPERM(Operation not permitted) when mkdir is called.

I manually created a directory and tried to create/bind the socket in my backend program. The bind function also returns EPERM code. This restriction in not found in earlier CUPS verison 1.X (Mac OS 10.9 & below). If the restriction is introduced in Mac 10.10 OS, can any of you explain the need of it and any alternate approaches to overcome this issue?

Thanks & Regards
Ajay