[cups-devel] [ippfind] Current Git source does not compile (Debian Jessie)

pipitas pipitas at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 06:10:15 PST 2015

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2015 08:08:42 -0400
> From: Michael Sweet <msweet at apple.com>
> Subject: Re: [cups-devel] [ippfind] Current Git source does not compile
> (Debian Jessie)
>
> This looks like you have a mix of mDNSResponder and Avahi on your system?
> Also, both ippproxy and ippinfra are incomplete in TOT at the moment, so
> don't bother trying to build them.

There is no Debian package with "mdnsresponder" in its name. The packages
with "mdns" in their name don't look like they have anything to do with
mDNSResponder (apart from one "libjmdns-java" which I assume is not
relevant here.)

My libavahi-*dev packages are these:

  ii  libavahi-cil-dev               0.6.19-4.2
all       CLI bindings for Avahi
  ii  libavahi-client-dev            0.6.31-5amd64     Development files
for the Avahi client library
  ii  libavahi-common-dev            0.6.31-5amd64     Development files
for the Avahi common library
  ii  libavahi-compat-libdnssd-dev   0.6.31-5amd64     Development headers
for the Avahi Apple Bonjour compatibility library
  ii  libavahi-core-dev              0.6.31-5amd64     Development files
for Avahi's embeddable mDNS/DNS-SD library
  ii  libavahi-glib-dev              0.6.31-5amd64     Development headers
for the Avahi GLib integration library
  ii  libavahi-gobject-dev           0.6.31-5amd64     Development headers
for the Avahi GObject library
  ii  libavahi-qt4-dev               0.6.31-5amd64     Development headers
for the Avahi Qt 4 integration library
  ii  libavahi-ui-cil-dev            0.6.19-4.2
all       CLI bindings for Avahi Ui
  ii  libavahi-ui-dev                0.6.31-5amd64     Development headers
for the Avahi GTK+ User interface library